Dear High School Seniors,
The St. Ann Catholic Daughters of America 2684 are pleased to sponsor their first scholarship for graduating seniors of the 2019-2019 academic year.
The basic requirements for the scholarship are:
A $500 scholarship will be awarded based on:
- Must be a practicing Catholic and active member of a Catholic Community
- Must know someone who is a member of Catholic Daughters of America.
- Plans to attend a four-year or two-year institute of higher learning.
- Must complete the scholarship application
- Must participate in the interview process
Your Parish Activities must be signed off by your Parish Priest or Youth Minister. Your School Activities must be signed off by your School Counselor. You have the option of providing them with a list of your activities, and either:
- Parish Community Activities (25%)
- School Activities (25%)
- Essay and Interview (50%)
You can select one of the following essay topics:
- Have them sign and date the list, and then you can upload a copy on your application or
- Provide their Name and Email with this application, and we will email them asking for their sign off on the information that YOU provided ot them.
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "inalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all humans by their creator. Which of these rights do you feel is the most important? What would happen if one of the three were removed from the Constitution? How do these rights coincide with your Christian beliefs?
The Bible establishes that human life is sacred in Genesis 1:27: "God created man in his image; in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." How do you measure the worth and significance of another human being? How do you demonstrate that in your interactions with others? Has your faith created a moral compass for you to follow?