It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am 

I have 2 indoor/outdoor cats. They are both fed Muenster cat food with a side of 1/2 a teaspoon of Friskies wet food twice a day. I also use Frontline on them once a month. They still get fleas and then they get tapeworm. I hate giving them worm med from the vet, but that is the only thing that get's rid of them for a while, but then they eat a flea and the worms are back. The Frontline doesn't even seem to be keeping fleas off of the them. Any suggestions for controlling the fleas and worms as the Muenster doesn't seem to be working either.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:54 am 

Hopefully somebody who has pets on a diatomaceous earth (DE) program will post but, from reading on this site, I understand that pets can be fed DE to control internal parasites, and that DE will kill fleas on ticks on their skin.

That said, please be sure you research this. As I said above, I do not have pets and have not researched this carefully for correct amounts, etc.

One thing I do know, if you are going to add DE to your pets' food, it has to be the feed-grade DE. I don't know where you'd get that.

Again, I sure hope somebody with pets on an organic program answers your posts. Meanwhile, hopefully this answer will get you moving in the right direction and get your kitties some help.

Take time to stop and smell the flowers!
(or... as my ladybug refrigerator magnet says
"take time to stop and eat the flowers!" :D)