It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:10 pm 

Listening to Howard's show last Sunday, as I always do, I heard a caller talking about problems with the tiny mites that have become such a problem. As I have a Yorkie with seasonal skin problems and high reaction to herbicides, I'd been battling his annual outbreak as usual but with much less success this year. The normal nutritional supplements and cornmeal baths were helping but we just couldn't seem to shake the key problem. I could keep him fairly comfortable but he just wasn't getting better like he usually does. :? :cry:

Then the call got me to thinking...I haven't been treating him for insect pests because he didn't appear to have any. The methods I'd been using just didn't get the job done, so I went home and used Flea & Tick B-Gone on him. I had the Flea & Tick B-Gone product in my cabinet from a flea outbreak earlier this year, and had used it to success on the fleas. The call made me realize he might be suffering from the very same mites - an INSECT not an allergy! The treatment was a SUCCESS! :shock: :lol: :D :lol:

So folks, if you are having problems with your pets itching for no apparent reason, and fleas don't seem to be the problem, and aloe vera, Missing Link and other remedies don't work...think about the mites.

Howard recommended orange oil but my Yorkie reacts badly to that and his skin was already irritated, so I was afraid it would be painful. Hence the use of this product instead. Just wanted to share this experience with you all in case it would help another "greenie" or "tree hugger" or whatever title you like to give yourselves.

Kathe :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:40 pm 

I'll add a note of caution to the above post. If your pets are puppies or especially kittens use the Flea & Tick B-Gone product with great caution. Perhaps even discussing with your vet. There was a member who used Flea & Tick B-Gone on some kittens with adverse results.