It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 am 

We currently have a salt system on our pool but need to replace some of the computer components, so I was looking for other options and came across ECO smarte. It claims to make the water as pure as swimming in a mountain stream without any chemicals since it is a water purification system. Does anyone have experience or information on this? All I come across in my web searches are websites produced by the company or its franchisees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:10 pm 

I can see why you're interested. Their website seems very convincing. I would be out looking at pools and talking to as many customers as I could find.

If you have them on the line to ask questions, ask about the effectiveness of the system on giardia (gee ARD ee uh) and cryptosporidium (krip toe spore ID ee yum). Those are two nasty creatures that live in nearly all open bodies of water. I suppose they could kill if you never went to a doctor, but you'd be wanting to go to the doctor for months and months before that happened. Even chlorination has problems with crypto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 am 

I would also be interested in the answer to this question. We are putting in this type of system. If anyone has some experience or knowledge on this system please reply.