It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Liquid Silver?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:36 am 

Has anyone tried it? How is it working for you? Good or Bad?
Brad
www.WatsonRanchOrganic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:40 pm 

I'm not familar with liquid silver but we use collidal silver to treat wounds and infections. Is that the same?
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:16 pm 

I guess so? I was told about it by one of my fertilizer dealers. She uses it everyday, to keep up her immune system. You can get it from the health food store. You take one teaspoon a day.
Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:35 am 

I think there are as many ways to boost your immune system as there are color to paint your house. I drink raw goat’s milk, yogurt and kefir as well as other pro-biotics. I don't know if liquid silver is a panacea but if it works for her....
Tony M.

Post subject: Colloidal Silver
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:10 pm 

I took it for a short while but didn't really seem to get any benefit so I stopped. Trace minerals and nutrients of a variety work in tandem to provide the support and help the immune system work properly, my research and experience tell me. That old "circle of life" thing again.

Be careful with the silver, folks. There is the rare but very real condition argyria, a discoloration of the skin most famously documented in the case of Stan Jones, a senatorial candidate from Montana whose skin was turned to a strange shade of gray/blue in 2002, and it seems to be permanent. "Starting in 1999, Jones drank colloidal silver daily, believing it to be a natural antibiotic which would save him from the forecasted Y2K disaster, with its exploding toilets, scant antibiotics, and menacing clouds of anthrax. Jones would later emerge transformed from his sun-dappled home on the Gallatin River, entering the 2002 Montana senate race as the first blue Libertarian candidate." He made the solution himself by electrically charging two silver wires in a glass of water.

The upshot is that like many homeopathic remedies, HOW it is is made makes a big difference. Quality and proper processing are important. I'm not knocking it or saying it doesn't work. It may be a valuable element in an immune support system for some, but it just left me cold.

Kathe :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:10 am 

Brad,

I use colloidal silver instead of antiobiotic creams or sprays for cuts and scrapes on my family and animals. I have a great spray made by SilverKare called Special Aloe Spray (government regulations forced them to change the label a couple years ago and remove the words colloidal silver from the label but it is the same formulation they have made for decades). It works great to promote quick healing without developing an infection and without using antiobiotics. Hydrogen peroxide also works well but it burns badly and is actually killing the skin at the surface along with the infection. The silver spray does not hurt, which makes it great for kids and pets.

I know of others who do take colloidal silver orally for the flu, etc. with great success but I like to use other foods/herbs instead. Colloidal silver will kill an infection, but then you are affecting your whole body and need to clear the colloidal silver from your body if you take it internally just like when taking man-made drugs like antibiotics.

I would be very careful of taking colloidal silver daily as Kathe cautioned. And it is not necessary if you are eating a diet of unprocessed, organic foods including beneficial bacteria as Tony mentioned. The most important thing you can do to daily boost your health is to cut all processed sugar (we eat fresh fruit and use a little raw honey and maple syrup as sweeteners), artificial ingredients and processed foods from your diet. That sounds extreme to some, but the great taste of eating better quality foods is AWESOME and will make you feel great with improved health and energy!

Post subject: Collodal Silver
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:57 am 

Collodal silver has been proven to help with over 650 things. I've successfully used it internally to battle sinus infection, topically and internally to battle rain rot on my horse, (boy those were the days when that was a concern, huh?), and as a much quicker and easier to use topical anti-fungal for athletes foot than corn meal. A friend was taking it for a sinus infection, and noticed that her psoriasis cleared up.

Its good stuff!

I think its a little pricey to use a fertilizer though.