It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:58 am 

Hi,
My husband decided this weekend he wanted to try making and taking DE in a pill form to help rid possible parasites in his colon.

Recently we have been reading articles on humans and parasites/worms which peaked his interest in trying DE. We found a few websites and some offer DE for sale in pill formula for humans. (so we assume the FOOD grade DE is safe)????

He made his own DE pills this weekend (bought gelatin capsules from Whole Foods and filled them with DE) He plans to take one in the morning and one in the evening.

HAS ANYONE ELSE experimented with this or any thoughts regarding his idea? I assume if it is SAFE for animals it will be safe for him...???....???

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:55 pm 

Someone said they put DE in some baking products to reduce clumping. Bisquick and such. I don't know if there is a limit to the amount a person should take.

Something that is true in pets and people is that an excellent diet is the best defense against invasion by all nasties. This means only whole grains, grass fed meats, and organic fruits and veggies and no sugar.

Tonight I ate a Tombstone (How ironic) Pizza and a piece of chocolate cake. Good Luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:41 am 

The food grade DE is fine. Far as how much you should ingest, I can not say. Might be the same as with other animals. It should make up 2% of the volume of the food you eat.
If you think you may have parasites in your colon, talk to Peggy Mills at Abundant Life Health food in Lewisville. She is a wealth of information and has a cleansing system that will surely rid you of all kinds of nasty stuff-including, but not limited to stones - passing them painlessly! You do not indicate where it is that you live, so it is difficult to suggest a convenient place for you to consult with. Even a 40+ mile trip to Lewisville would be well worth it. Just give a call to see if she will be there and try it on a Saturday, unless you can get in and out before 4pm when traffic starts getting heavy. :wink:

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach