It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:52 pm 

Hey guys...

I am one of those hands in the dirt gardners, can't stand wearing gloves when I am digging. I also have a lot of issues with arthritis in my hands so after working for hours in the cold digging my hands get chewed up and sore.

Solution - Paraffin spa. Yeah, sounds weird but you stick your hands in there, let'm dry, do it a couple more times and then let the paraffin wax sit for a while. takes care of the dry hand issue and does wonders for the arthritis. The one my fiance got me was from Homedics and is (as she put it) the least 'chick-looking' :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:09 am 

My wife swears by hers. She uses one primarily during the winter months. She's a nurse and her hands dry out badly with all of the constant washing. Last year she had a brief run of carpal tunnel in her wrist and it helped alleviate the pain from that fairly well.

~Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:22 am 

What about the effects of the ingredients in this stuff on the soil? What all does it contain? Wax in the soil does not seem right. Does it not flake off?
I have also heard of putting soap under fingernails, just scratch a bar of Ivory or Kirk's castille...

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:46 am 

organic1 wrote:
What about the effects of the ingredients in this stuff on the soil? What all does it contain? Wax in the soil does not seem right. Does it not flake off?
I have also heard of putting soap under fingernails, just scratch a bar of Ivory or Kirk's castille...

The spa is something you'd do for dry skin or soreness in your hands much like you would moisturize with lotions or use a heat rub. It melts parfin wax and you dip your hand in, pull it out, wait for a few minutes for it to cool and then it peels off fairly easy. It's not something you leave on.

~Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:36 pm 

:oops: OK Now I feel better. Silly, but better.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:52 pm 

Heck, I feel that way pretty much everytime I read these forums, much less post questions. :D