It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Moonglow Pear Tree
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:29 pm 

HI. Was just curious if anyone has experieced this problem. I planted a Moonglow pear tree in my backyard approx 4 years ago. I regularly spray it with Garrett juice during the spring/summer months as well as fertilize with bio-form dry. However, I have noticed the last two winters that my tree is producing fruit. Is my tree confused as to the seasons? Why would it produce fruit in the winter and not the spring/summer months? Any ideas on how to get my tree back on track? Any feedback/advise would be very helpful. Thanks all...

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:04 am 

You do not say where it is that you live. There are people from all over the world who post to this site. It is a very helpful thing to know in order to be of better assistance in answering questions. You can change your profile to indicate this. You do not have to be very specific if you so desire. Even an indication of the zone in which you live would be better than no information at all.
Since you referred to Garrett Juice, I assume you live somewhere in Texas, but to assume can result in mistakes. After doing a search on google.com, I found several references to this tree you speak of. The first three items I read on the subject were from Delaware, Michigan, and Rhode Island. The climate is a little different here. I am not well educated on the subject of fruit trees, but it is my understanding that pears may have difficulty where I live in North Texas.
Yes, Texas winters may be mild and confuse even native trees! The current winter season has been especially interesting. There is really nothing one can do to control nature. No one should try. Just work with her and you will have more success.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject: Moonglow Pear Tree
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:33 pm 

Hey Nadine. Thanks much for the reply. Yes, you assume correctly. :D I also live in North Texas...and to be most specific, I live in The Colony. Let me know if you can help me. Thanks again Nadine.

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:03 pm 

After doing a search on google.com, I found several references to this tree you speak of. The first three items I read on the subject were from Delaware, Michigan, and Rhode Island. The climate is a little different here. I am not well educated on the subject of fruit trees, but it is my understanding that pears may have difficulty here in North Texas.
Yes, Texas winters may be mild and confuse even native trees! The current winter season has been especially interesting. There is really nothing one can do to control nature. No one should try. Just work with her and you will have more success. :wink:

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach