It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Introducing myself!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:47 pm 

Howdy y'all! I've been a member for a while but am just now getting around to introducing myself. 'Selves, actually. Our log-in name of 'nativedave' actually represents two people: David and Christy. I'm Christy and will most likely be the poster using the nativedave moniker.

ANYWAY. David and I focus on native plants and promote them via consultation and design services (our website is www.nativedave.com ) We also arrange more than 20 speaking engagements per year -- a great way to see us 'in action'!

We look forward to participating more frequently in this forum, and to building relationships with many of our fellow gardeners!

Christy & David, nativedave.com
Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:21 pm 

Hey, guys. Thanks for getting involved. Do you know anyone who has some Chisos rosewood? I would like to try the plant at our new office.

Post subject: Chisos Rosewood
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:58 am 

What a coincidence, we were researching this plant a couple of weeks ago. North Haven Gardens lists it on their website, so I assume they have carried it and might have it in stock currently. I've not found a wholesale grower yet who works with it but am still awaiting a response from someone in Austin. Will let you know what I find!

Thanks for welcoming us to the 'club' -- we feel warmly received by the Dirt Doctor community!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:13 am 

I found a grower in Georgetown who has the Mexican species of Vauquelinia, but the Chisos species is difficult to find, apparently. He is checking various sources to determine if it's as hardy here as the Chisos. More follow-up after I speak with him...