It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tea Tree Oil?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:41 am 
Hi, I just started getting products that contain Tea Tree oil, and was told that if I cleaned with them it would help rid my home of bugs. Is this true and what is it about the tea tree oil that they don't like?
Also, do you know a good way to get rid of scoripions?

Thanks!

pkwat@ev1.net
Making your home a safer place to be!
www.momswin.com/kathyw

Post subject: Cleaning Products
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:42 pm 

Tea tree oil has lots of properties, being antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal but cleaning with it is a new one on me and I've been organic for years. I checked my herb & natural remedy books and didn't find a darned thing about it repelling insects but heck, it may be worth a try! Cleaning with vinegar & water sprays, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and orange oil are easy and inexpensive. You can also just buy Simple Green and use that. Using a spray of orange oil & water to clean will kill any insects you run across and repel almost all others, including scorpions. Scorpions are meat eaters so they are after some other insects in your house. If you kill the other insects off you'll get rid of the scorpions. Same thing with spiders. You can spray around your door jams and borders and that will have some repellant effect too. Hope this is helpful.