It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: organic, no-till, beds
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:04 am 

Every farmer should use organic, no-till, permanent beds for farming. There is unlimited, documented proof.

In only ten years, 50% of the farmers in Argentina converted to no-till. Cost were reduced 30% the first year and after 5 years their net profit had increased 3 times. The FAO estimates that there is now 172,000,000 acres of no-till in the world.

I would be glad to send info to anyone interested.

Ken Hargesheimer
minifarms@aol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:03 am 

Thanks! That's cool!

I know I've been doing no-till gardening now about 8 years, and I love it, and I would never till my acre of garden beds ever again!

I keep my beds perpetually covered with tons of undone compost mulch, and I feed all my plants lots of aerobic compost tea recipes.

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject: Mark 4:26
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:33 am 

I am a Bible student but I had never thought about that scripture in that light. Gardening is not the subject in the chapter and gardening takes it out of context but the principle is there, regardless. Thanks.

The problem gardeners and farmers have with no-till is not on the land; it is in the head. It works.

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:51 am 

Gardening is totally in context with everything God has ever done, what He is doing, and what he is going to do, all throughout the Bible and all throughout eternity!

Everything is based on the concept of seedtime and harvest, sowing and reaping, absorbing spiritual light from God and turning it into food for the soul, mind,body, and human spirit (spiritual photosynthesis), and of course bearing abundant spiritual and physical fruit and harvest in our lives.

Composting, mulching, green manuring, and even compost teas are powerful revelations about the recycling effect that God puts us through in order to turn negative circumstances and situations (raw organic matter), into powerful anointed testimonies and "fertilizer" for our daily lives and ministry (mature compost), all for the glory of God.

Happy Gardening everybody!

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:40 pm 

Cap'n, I like the way you think! You're not to bad at expressing your thoughts either. :D

Keep up the good work, and happy gardening right back at 'ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:13 am 

Thanks, Mr. Clean!

I like your gardening ideas and philosophies also!

William Cureton