It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Use of Garrett Juice
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:57 pm 

I have been spraying Garrett Juice as well doing the other suggestions for a sick tree and since it was labeled "foliar feed" I have been spraying all my plants in the area. I was hesitant to spray my tomato plants that all have green tomatoes on the vines wondering if the compost tea element should not be put on edibles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:22 pm 

Garett Juice is organic. It is made to be sprayed on anything, including edible plants, vegetables, herbs etc.

Organic gardener
Tree-Hugger
Native Texan

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:18 am 

I am new to this forum and I am not sure how to ask my question, so forgive my over explaining. My husband and I are attempting to go organic. We have a greenhouse and are growing vegetables in containers. We are having quite a bit of growing pains and so I am doubting my every move. Looks like we are going to lose several of our plants. I want to know if possibly I sped along their demise by becoming desperate.
Last week I sprayed them with Neem for the second time. The first time being a week before. About two days later they looked markedly worse so I decided the Neem was too little, too late. Out of desperation I strayed from the "organic path" and sprayed them again this past weekend with Malathion and Ortho Disease Control. We also put Medina's Anti Fuego on the soil as a drench.
Now my questions:
Did the chemical sprays on top of the Neem earlier in the week over do it? Was it a combination of both regardless of the time?
HELP!
Separate question:
Can you over fertilize with organic fertilizers and over doctor with the cornmeal juice or the compost tea?
I hate seeing all my beautiful plants dying. I don't want to make the same mistake again.