It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CHOKE WEED
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:28 pm 

This weed has popped up in my backyard over the past two years & has become the bane of my existance.

I have located the "sprouts" & have been using a shovel to carefully lift up the root which will lead me (sometimes up to 2') to a longer, horizontal root just an inch or two under the soil, which has a sprout coming up from it. This afternoon, I kept following this tenacious weed & ended up with a 12' section of a single horizontal root then a sprout every 6" or so. I don't think I got it all, but I did my best.

I have located other "sprouts" & do not look forward to diggin up my entire backyard trying to lift up these horizontal roots without breaking them.

I've been told to purchase Spectracide Brush Killer & it'll do the trick. I was told to snip off 1/3 of the "sprouts" & "paint" on the diluted mixture with a brush killer so that it doesn't get into anything other than the choke weed itself. I am wanting to stay clear of anything chemical & am really not crazy about getting out there & using the shovel technique I've been using.

Has anyone else gone through this or has resolved their choke weed problem? I'd really not like to use chemicals to rid myself of this problem.

I live right outside of Fort Worth. My next door neighbor also has this weed, so we'd like to try some non chemical combat invasion asap.

Thanks!

BCFW

Post subject: I have the cure!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:53 am 

I have the cure it is easy and simple! All you have to do is, GET SOME, goats! They will take care of it! banot :lol: