It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 am 

I am at a loss for which weeds are sprouting in my yard right now. Is there a picture resource for identifying weeds found in our region of the country here on this website? If not can anyone provide a link to another? I have about 4 distinctly different weeds in my yard and gardens that I want to start combating using organic methods. I convinced my wife to discontinue the service we've been using and need to save face. She pulls into the driveway and shakes her head at the amount of green already appearing in our Bermuda.

If there is no weed specific treatment, but a general one can I get suggestions on sources for large quantities? I have 2 acres (minus house and hardscape) that needs treatment. Should the DIY method prove to be too daunting on a yard my size any suggestions for a weed control service in the south west Denton County area? (Bartonville/Argyle)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:36 pm 

I dont know what to tell you about the weeds or how to get rid of them other than search this forum for weed control methods and if you look at organic businesses to the right and search your city you will find someone close that does it for a living...Good Luck saving face.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:43 pm 

Go to either Lowes or Home Depot and from Ortho I belive puts out a big poster that has all the weeds for your state and what Chemicals that they sell to get rid of them.I also can not stand the smell so I try not to get chems. and I pull out all my weeds by hand with either a weeder tool or a pair of pliers(these work really good). :lol: