It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: CGM and licensing.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:50 pm 

I know the whole debate over CGM and it's licensing. I have been using feed grade CGM on my lawn successfully and cheaply. However, what about me selling this as a lawn service. I just started providing liquid ferts, such as compost tea, and my own KO Blend (fish, molasses, seaweed, humates, etc.)
Now I am starting to price and promote dry stuff, such as corn meal, alfalafa pellets, compost topdressing, and would like to include CGM on the roster. However, should I be concerned with listing the pre-emergent benefits of CGM on my promo materials if I am using feed grade CGM?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:18 pm 

Uh, yeah! If you are a licensed pesticide applicator, you are forbidden by law to apply materials to "cure" a pest which are not listed to cure that pest. Herbicide is a pesticide by the state's definitions.

I believe the same thing goes for fertilizer. If you look at bags of organic fertilizers very carefully, you'll get an idea of the proper wording you need to use. If you sell stuff that does not carry proper labeling, the state will come get you (because the chemical watchdogs will tip them off).