It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:51 am 

I just finished the unpleasant task of cleaning bermuda grass roots out fo my red tail drain lines. I have heard of products to put in septic systems to discourage the roots from growing close to my drain lines. I can only assume that they are chemical in nature. I would like an organis solution. I am sure that thes 70 year old tiles would prefer it to the chemicals to. Also , what can i put in the septic tank to breakdown the solids.

Post subject: Sept Tanks & systems
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:39 am 

Medina makes a very good product called Actina. You'd have to contact them to see where it can be found here. I know that AGOrganics had some at one time but not sure about now. I can tell you just from smelling it that it has molasses in it. It helped my parents' septic system tremendously when they had a bad time with it. It has the microbes in it, and some sugar to get them going. They had killed theirs off with household products that shouldn't have been used.

I know there have been some other strings on here regarding this system, so take a look around. Mainly you keep the microbial activity high enough to keep the material digested, and the roots from growing in. the moisture is a given. I believe the product label recommends a monthly additional dose, which isn't expensive and well worth it.

Hope that helps!
:D Kathe