It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:00 pm 

We have seen several roaches inside lately. All it takes is one in the kitchen to make my skin crawl. Anyway my husband went out to purchase some boric acid and he came home with "Hot Shot Max Attrax Roach Killing Powder" and then in small print "with boric acid". I know this may be a stupid question, but I want to make sure I am using just boric acid and nothing else chemical. Under the ingredients it says "Active ingredient Orthoboric acid 99%, Other ingredients 1%"

So is this safe? Please excuse the ignorence, it's my first time! :roll:

Thanks!

Post subject: Boric Acid
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:27 am 

Hi, Sorry I can't assist you with an answer to your question, but I have one for you..How do you apply the Boric Acid? And Where? I have had it suggested to me in the past to use for pest control, but I do not know exactly how to use it....Thanks sharloha :?:

Post subject: Boric acid
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:13 am 

Have used Boric acid for raoches myself and it works REAL great as long as you don't get it wet.
If you want to get just boric acid, then go to pharmacy section of grocery store or drug store, that's best place for it. Or as an alternative, you can get 20 mule team boax soap, but you have to cut that and put it in a dish of some sort or the roaches won't come near it.
How it has to be cut is 9 to 1. 1 for example teaspoon of it and 9 teaspoons sugar mixed together. (the sugar is to attract the roaches)

On the subject of how to apply it, just sprinkle it around baseboards, behind appliances and it can even go in cabinets. Is very people and animal friendly. Just remeber if it gets wet it needs to be replaced because it loses effectiveness. The reason for this is because it is also used as a foot soak for people who have foot fungus' and what will kill the roaches is broken down by the water.

Post subject: Boric Acid
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:58 am 

Hi and thanks for the info on Boric Acid! Ipicked some up today at the pharmacy... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:51 pm 

99% orthoboric acid is essentially pure boric acid. That's the ingredients on every bottle I've bought. I cleared a roach infested apartment in 30 days and kept it roach free for 5 years with about $0.50 worth of boric acid in 1981. When I say roach infested, I caught 300 roaches in Roach Motels in 30 days (along with the boric acid). Those last few roaches looked pretty sick compared to the first few (hundred).

I dusted it behind the stove, refrigerator, under the sinks, along the window sills, and in the sliding glass door's sliding channel. Since I had not unpacked anything yet, I completely dusted every horizontal surface in the kitchen and ate every meal out for the first month. Then I wiped up the working surfaces and left the dust under the sink and under my trays in the drawers.

My apartment complex sprayed for roaches every month but I asked them not to spray mine, because at the time I kept parrots. Parrots are very susceptable to the insecticides. So for the next 5 years my apartment was never sprayed and I never saw another roach. My neighbor's apartment was sprayed but the roaches never came over. That stuff works great!