It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dirt Doctor Live
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:11 pm 

I received my e-mail notification (today, 6/9/05) that a seminar was now available on "Dirt Doctor Live". I logged on and brought up the link choosing the LO option for my dial-up connection. It doesn't work! Let me clarify, the video plays but with sizeable holes in the audio portion. "Watching" Howard is neither entertaining or informative :lol:

Seriously, this represents a promise unfulfilled. The promise is to make the membership side of the website worthy of the cost to participate. Oh, and how old was that video? In it Howard mentions his appearances on WFAA TV. To the best of my knowledge those programs have left the air and are not being rebroadcast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:35 pm 

Bluestem wrote:
Hi works fine. As far as the information, its a start. There are new comers and old timers. Most of Howard's talks are geared to the newcomer. Hopefully will have some hardcore information in the future.

I'm glad the HI resolution works. I'm on dial-up which serves most of my needs well enough. No inclination to upgrade my service just to facilitate the use of this site. As a consumer I expect the provider (vendor or whatever) to meet my needs, not the other way around.

I share your hope for more information oriented towards those of us who are a bit further down the road. I don't know that I will be around to see it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:05 pm 

I like you Mr Clean have dial up because broadband is not avalibale in my area. I wish we could download the videos to our PC's then watch them. It would be much better viewing and would not stop, to download more, before continuing the video. They are very hard to watch on dialup. I am becoming more disappointed everyday because this site seems to cater to the people that have broadband. I am beginning to wonder, like others, if I am indeed getting my $25 worth. I seem to be getting more organic information from other 'free' web sites.

Post subject: Video
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The video works fine for me.

Every computer has a different setting for viewing video.

Most Magazine's I subscribe to at ate least $4.99 per month.
This is $2.00 a month and is much more efficient.

Those who choose to use outdate equipment should
not blame the site, step up to the new technology-- posters instead of
complaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:59 am 

First things first....Welcome to the site Sattie :)

Now, to address your statement...After spending 30 odd years in the technology industry as network communications troubleshooter, installer, a network planner and as a buyer for PC and comunications hardware, I am hardly computer/technology illirterate. My computer is not outdated. Secondly, dial-up is not necessarily an outdated technology. Specifically in my case, it works for several other forums of which I am a member. In Gar's case, he has stated it is his only option.

As far as "complaining" it not only a consumer's right. Effective "complaining" is often the recourse consumers must take to express dissatisfaction with a vendor's deliver product or service. You can choose to grasp that concept or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:16 pm 

I would also like to welcome you to this wonderful Organic site.

AMEN to Mr. Clean. If I could go Broadband, I would be more then willing to do it.

Sattie: Do you have broadband? If so, I can understand why it works fine for you. You stated that 'Every computer has a different setting for viewing video'. If my PC is set incorrectly let me know how to correct it.

Not everyone lives where broadband is available, be it Cable Modem, DSL or ISDN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:10 pm 

Everyone with a slower connection; I have had luck with these types of files if you are streaming them to let it open and immediately pause the playback. This gives the file time to get a good amount of data accross and seems to fix this issue more times than not. Give it a try and let us know if you would please. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:39 pm 

Gar-
I live in the country where no dsl or cable service is not available so I got a satellite connection. It is wonderful and is usually faster than dsl. The price varies but the monthly fee is $49.99.
Are you aware of this?
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:07 pm 

Yes Tony I am. A year ago Cebridge ran underground cable, for cable modem, including broadband. I called then last month to enquire about hooking up and was told they were not yet ready I have been holding out hoping that in the near future they will let us hook up. Guess I will have to forgo this venture. It has now been 13 months and still no broadband. Which company did you go with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:42 am 

I went with direcway. www.direcway.com
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:40 am 

Thanks Tony. I'll give them a look up.