It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:53 pm 

I just wanted to let all my friends on this website to know that my first published hardback book is finally ready for sale!

If interested email me for details.
This is my personal website info:
http://www.captaincompostalabama.com/products.htm

Happy Gardening everybody!

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:38 pm 

YEA!!:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:10 am 

Since I posted this thread, I have sold lots of copies of my book locally to garden clubs, and even online to many of my friends so far! I'm excited!

This year, I want to do more experiments on my no-till farm with mixing composting with aerated compost tea recipes and cover crops and companion plants.

We had a big hard frost over the Easter week, that killed a lot of my pre-mature spring crops. Since I though the "greenhouse effect" was on my side this year, I planted too much stuff too early. Well no matter. It's just mostly seeds. I'll just replant and start over. I still got plenty of time.

Even though I'm more of a master composter than a master gardener, I love to compost and show off some of my crops in my demonstration raise beds on my farm to customers. I'm still learning a lot about growing vegetables and ornamentals.

Once again thanks everybody!
Happy gardening!

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 pm 

Way to go , Captain!

I will definately buy your book - those photos on your web site are quite impressive!

And I really really need to learn how to make tons of compost, FAST...
We are starting a huge veggie project (yup, bit off more than I can chew!) in raised beds and can't get enough organic matter! As it is right now, I put in seeds, or plants, and everything just SITS THERE...sheesh. I thought it was the cold weather this year here in texas, but some of the seeds are supposed to like it cold...

I know I need nitrogen, but a soil report told me i have heavy phosphorous, so I am searching for a remedy to this.

Love your web page, you all are an inspiration!
merri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:35 am 

Thank you so much!

William Cureton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 am 

Hay Cap thats really great, I cant wait to get your book. But I realy like the NO TILL thing and I want to try it as soon as I can get the soil in my garden good and rich. Right now I am tilling in composted horse manure and every thing I can get my hands on. I think befor theend of summer I want to switch over to no till, it just makes more sense. I cant wait to try it. I just started this year to get alot more involved with composting and have done at least 10 fullsized back yard garden beds so far this year and even sold soe of my best compost. So I am rushing the batch I have now. Well I look foward to hearing more and getting a copy of your book. Congratulations on the book and web-sight.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:37 pm 

A faster way to get to a no-till garden is to stop tilling now. Use your horse manure as a mulch instead.