It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:05 am 

on the note of true objectivity, who can recommend a good non organic gardening site that i can participate on to recieve a broader opinion of this vast topic of consideration?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:45 am 

Senor:

Have moved your post to Gardener Exchange as you'll get more responces to your question.

Off hand, I can't think of any sites you are looking for.
The only thing I can think of is to do a Google Search for "garden chemicals"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:11 pm 

I know of four off hand, but I won't post them on a matter of principle. I don't think it is right to send people away from the site they're on to another competing site. I'll send people away for more info on a specific topic as long as it is not in any competition. Someone else might help you but this is just me.

Do you have a specific question that might be answered here or redirected to a site that is not in competition?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:32 pm 

i have no specific question..........i just like to visit both sides/all sides of the coin and then formulate my own opinion on the topic.........

nothing is always or never..........and unadulterated biase never pays.....:-)

i just happened upon this site and didnt know such a thing existed.......so, now, out of logic, i would have to believe that there are other sites out there...........

you dont have to post your info to this site publically but you could send it to me privately.....?............!...........?............:-)!

Post subject: Other Websites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:21 pm 

May I suggest that as you seek out non-organic methods and especially the use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fungicides, you visit websites that objectively give the background, ingredients and information on those products? Particularly, you might want to look into regularly recommended products that are currently being reviewed for their toxicity levels and then look at the history of such products as lindane, dursban and diazinon, all formerly recommended on a routine basis for gardening controls? Check on current research on glyphosates too. I am sure we would all agree that looking at all sides of an issue is just what an intelligent person would do. Then determine for yourself which method is safer, more efffective and cost conscious. I hate to think of what you will be adding to the ecosystem in the meantime but sometimes personal experience is the best and only teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:28 pm 

do you guys always have to finish with a "jab"?

i guess when i have ugly kids, i can blame it on my inorganic egocentricities conjugated with my organic inadequacy

i am surprised that this forum is inundated with texans.......especially north texans...............hmmmm...........makes me wonder..

Post subject: Jab?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:46 pm 

Didn't expect you to be offended as no offense was intended. The intent was to provide you with suggestions on where to get information that you might find useful, as you asked. There are people from all over the country who use this website, you just got the luck to be answered by a couple of north Texans. Don't recall San Antonio being in north Texas the last time I was there... :shock: Seriously, though,

Lighten up, friend. :D No one attacked you.

For myself I just couldn't recommend a website that would advise you to use things that I consider dangerous to you and your family, as well as the environment that surrounds us all. I do want you to have full and true information on the products that will invariably be recommended to you by mainstream gardening websites. After all knowledge is power for you and for me.

So go ahead and call me a tree-hugger...I am! :lol: Peace, man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:14 pm 

i sprayed MSMA on my lawn and my neighbors lawn today on your behalf........ :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:12 pm 

senor,

If you are joking, I'm afraid your attempt at humor is lost on this audience. If you baiting, you are wasting your time and valuable bandwidth. If your serious, good luck to you, your health and the health of your family.

Goodbye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oky doky folks, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread because it has become non-productive. Thanks to everyone who posted answers, as they were all honest and intended to help.
The Boss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]