It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:50 pm 

Back around October, I found a mud tube traveling up my foundation and entering into one of the weep holes in the brick. I cleared it away and poured boiling water on that section of grass until I was convinced everything there had died. I vacuumed out the weep hole as best I could. It's clear now and nothing else came back out of it after I vacuumed. I'm not sure how long the mud tube was in existence or how many termites got inside the wall. My question is how can I deal with this now? I know the ones that got in will swarm in April or so, but is there a way to inject something into the wall to kill whatever else got in before April?

I am assuming this is termites unless there is another pest that builds mud tubes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 am 

The Library area has a detailed termite entry. If you can make any of that apply to you, I think you have the next items on your list of "things to do."

The other part of the site you may find helpful is the list of stores and services that offer organic products and methods. Look for a name you recognize in the list, or search by community on the form at the top.

Good luck. Traditional pest control companies have scared homeowners to death for years with the threat of what termites can do and with the highly toxic chemicals they combat the colonies with. Find someone who can eliminate the termites without destroying the health of the rest of your home and yard.