It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:26 am 
I realize I'm probably looking in the wrong season, but I am anxious to plant a TEXAS redbud. My husband and I are landscaping our side yard and are planting our trees first. The only redbuds I have found are Oklahoma redbuds and I have heard it is better to plant the TEXAS variety since I live just east of Fort Worth in the mid-cities. Is it possible to get one this time of year? I would appreciate any help. P.S. I went to the internet and found over 2,000 entries. I haven't got that much time!!!!! Thanks in advance, Suzi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:56 am 

There's a good list of nurseries on Howard's site- but even if you get them now, I'd not plant them until the fall. They'll just plain do better.

I'd take the still potted/burlapped plant and pile mulch around it high enough to cover the pot/ball well. Keep it watered (remember, potted plants of all types dry out fastest in summer heat) and then when the temps cool back down, plant away.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.