It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have found that some kaolin clays wash off the plants easily. We have seen that SurroundWP stays on the plants. If you buy straight kaolin clay, try adding a soap and DE to help it stay on the plant. You should buy a small quantity to try first to make sure that it will work well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 pm 

did the grasshoppers just eat your garden pants? there is a lot of green vegetation in the background. when was the last time you watered as there are quite wide cracks in the garden soil. your plants look like they are in extreme stress which could be the reason the hoppers have targeted your garden.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 am 

eastside bill wrote:
did the grasshoppers just eat your garden pants? there is a lot of green vegetation in the background. when was the last time you watered as there are quite wide cracks in the garden soil. your plants look like they are in extreme stress which could be the reason the hoppers have targeted your garden.

i have heavy clay soil, which was muddy 1 inch below the surface. i never saw any wilting of any plants all spring. i try to never water until they show the need. watering because i could see cracks would lead to shallow-rooted, easily stressed plants. i strive for deep-rooted ones.

early on, my garden was targeted. it is the only dessert tray within 2 miles. just like all livestock, the hoppers eat their favorite things first.they have now gone on to strip my shade trees and have denuded my lawns and turf grass. and they are being seen several miles away in places that were spared as little as a week ago. it isn't even summer yet, when hoppers usually are at their worst.