It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm 

I do have more pictures and can re-size them to fit here if you need to see more but I felt these were the best shots I took. Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:29 am 

Are there spots all over the curled leaves? I can't tell. Saturate the pot when you water. Completely saturate all the soil. Then insert your finger to detect dryness before you water. Check the underside of the leaves for fine webbing which would be spidermites.

Organic gardener
Tree-Hugger
Native Texan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:04 am 

There are no spots, just drying from the tip up toward the stem. There is not webbing either. there are tiny gnat like things that are like tiny pieces of cotton fibers when I remove them, they are like 1/32 inch but just the insect is cottony not any real web, I am on my way out to check on them now. I saw what I believe will be blooms today, but they were so tiny I could not be sure.

Yes, just returned and the dying leaves are at a stand still, but the new growth looks perfectly healthy. There are tiny, tiny blooms on it too. I can pick off the tiny insects that look like minute pieces of cotton fiber, but they don't appear to be alive, they just fall of my finger with no movement. But I again confirmed there are no webs of any kind and no spots on the leaves either.

Also, I didn't water this morning. I resisted the urge. I felt and they are still moist, not soggy, but moist/damp, so resisted and did not water.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:59 pm 

The bugs you are describing may be aphids. Doing good on watering. Keep in mind that the soil should dry between watering. Also, the black plastic pots tend to hold moisture especially at the bottom.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 pm 

What do I do for aphids? I sprayed with diluted dawn soap and feared that is what caused this drying, curling leaf issue. I have ordered NEEM concentrate, will that do it? I have not used it yet, it just arrived yesterday.