It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:19 pm 

Hi. I just signed up. Found DirtDoctor a couple of weeks ago and am learning a lot. Have been wanting to go organic in the yard for awhile now but didn't know where to start. This is the best info I've found so far but I'm still a little unsure about where to start. I'm just not sure if I should do everything pretty much the same in Florida or what adjustments I need to make. I am really hoping there is someone on here from Florida that has some experience that could help guide me.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm 

Congratulations for finding the Dirt Doctor. If you log onto this site on Sunday morning (9 - 12am your time) you can stream the program online and listen, and if you call in you can ask him about the accommodations he thinks you should make. The soil amendments, compost and mulch, the organic fertilizers and insect remedies would be the same, but the soil type and what you need to do as far as your growing zone and such, he can give you some suggestions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The natural organic programs are the same coast to coast and border to border. The only difference is the plants and timing. Your local independent nursery will help you with what is available to plant and the timing. Welcome aboard.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:25 pm 

Thanks very much. I wasn't sure if any of the amendments would be different with our sandy soil. I will get started looking for the appropriate products. I'm sure I'll have more specific questions as I go along. Thanks again!