It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:36 pm 
Hi! I've followed Howard's site and his advice on organic gardening for a few years now, but this is the first time I've used this discussion forum. I also use other gardening forums and I think they are a fun way to get some really good gardening information. I am looking forward to seeing your comments to my questions and comments. Also, I am a garden club president and founder, so have heard a lot from our wonderful speakers on a monthly basis and I also learn a lot from our members.
Happy Organic Gardening! :lol:

Post subject: New Also
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:42 pm 

Hi Lynne,

I'm new here too. Actually, I've been poking around the site for a few months but never bothered to sign up. I've been listening to Howard for a few months now. I'm a convert from the other major DFW radio gardener (NS - aka Mr. Chemicals).

I've got 5 acres in North Collin County. It used to be a field of sorghum (no doubt chemically grown). Really looking forward to converting it into a wildlife haven. I've planted more than 70 trees (most are barely more than sticks, some are decent sizes, and some are easily stepped on!) With all this land and the incumbent bugs, it would be easy (but eventually useless) to use lots of chemicals. However, I am finding that Garrett Juice (wish I could follow the directions - my witches brew is quite a bit different than HG's), corn gluten meal, and some manual labor works incredibly well.

I look forward to keeping everyone posted on progress over the years. I can't wait to see the results and keep wishing I'd started a few years earlier. Oh well, all good things come with time. Look forward to hearing everyone else's success stories as well.

One last thing. Organic gardeners are the most polite people! Every technical, investing, how-to , etc BB I've ever used quickly turns into a horrible site full of anger, complaints, back-stabbing etc. Let's keep the world and this site clean together!

GroGreen

Post subject: Re: New Also
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:27 am 

One last thing. Organic gardeners are the most polite people! Every technical, investing, how-to , etc BB I've ever used quickly turns into a horrible site full of anger, complaints, back-stabbing etc. Let's keep the world and this site clean together!

GroGreen[/quote]

GroGreen:

:D Welcome to the DDBB from Bexar Co. and good luck with your 5 Acres and your trees. What did you plant?

I agree with you about the conduct on other BB's. I have found one that is a joy to visit and obtain good round-the-house repairs and entertainment from other members. Try www.handymanclub.com and membership is free.

I might suggest that you put a little data about yourself in the profile section.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:14 pm 

lynne wrote:
Hi! I've followed Howard's site and his advice on organic gardening for a few years now, but this is the first time I've used this discussion forum. I also use other gardening forums and I think they are a fun way to get some really good gardening information. I am looking forward to seeing your comments to my questions and comments. Also, I am a garden club president and founder, so have heard a lot from our wonderful speakers on a monthly basis and I also learn a lot from our members.
Happy Organic Gardening! :lol:

Greetings and welcome, Lynne! What garden club are you founder and president of? You can share details in the Gardeners Exchange forum if you like. That is where I put announcements for club events when I know about them.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach