It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm 

Well, after listening to Howard (first on WBAP, now on KSKY) for years, I just joined the forum this week. I started an organic lawn program a few months ago. About 6 weeks ago, I started my first compost pile, just because I hated setting all of my lawn clippings and leaves in bags at the curb. Now, I'm throwing everything appropriate in the pile I can find, and it's looking pretty good (and hot)! I can't wait for my first batch of home-grown compost to be ready. Thanks to Starbucks for all those used coffee grounds!

I fought with my lawn for a couple of years, trying to grow grass under some big oak trees, with NO luck from all the commercial stuff. In just a few months, using compost, dried molasses, and a Pennington mixed fescue seed blend, my yard is looking SO much better.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to start a small garden in the spring. This stuff is contagious!

Post subject: Re: Hi!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 am 

leonhutto wrote:
Well, after listening to Howard (first on WBAP, now on KSKY) for years, I just joined the forum this week. I started an organic lawn program a few months ago. About 6 weeks ago, I started my first compost pile, just because I hated setting all of my lawn clippings and leaves in bags at the curb. Now, I'm throwing everything appropriate in the pile I can find, and it's looking pretty good (and hot)! I can't wait for my first batch of home-grown compost to be ready. Thanks to Starbucks for all those used coffee grounds!

I fought with my lawn for a couple of years, trying to grow grass under some big oak trees, with NO luck from all the commercial stuff. In just a few months, using compost, dried molasses, and a Pennington mixed fescue seed blend, my yard is looking SO much better.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to start a small garden in the spring. This stuff is contagious!

Welcome!

We are almost neighbors! I live in Flower Mound. I can relate to all your comments about converting to the Organic gardening.

Good luck AND enjoy!
Char Harris
Flower Mound, TX

Post subject: Re: Hi!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:39 am 

Hi Leon - if you want more info about organic lawn care - I would highly recommend that you check out the link below:

www.SafeLawns.org

Paul Tukey and the SafeLawns organization gives out a lot of great info for organic lawns - many of the same themes and concepts as Howard but all geared towards lawns.

fyi - gayle

gayle from maryland