It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Suspend SC?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 am 

OK... Not Organic... But I have an issue with ants nesting in the voids behind my brickwork. I want to know others opinion of this product for perimeter treatment. I don't want to harm the ecosystem but need to get rid of these ants.

Thanks,

Jon

Post subject: Re: Suspend SC?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm 

I've used Maxforce carpenter ant bait gel with what seems to be very good results so far. It comes in a tube with applicator tips that enable you to put small dabs of the gel into cracks and crevices around the house. We have had serious problems with carpenter ants, primarily, although there are several other species as well. I've also heard that borax is effective. The environmental impact is very small with both products, especially if the gel is injected into the crevices as directed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 pm 

Tigertech wrote:
I've also heard that borax is effective. The environmental impact is very small with both products, especially if the gel is injected into the crevices as directed.

These are fire ants that have nest in our brick voids and are entering the house. I have a boric acid protein bait inside but need to approach the problem also from the exterior. Suspend SC is a synthetic based on a naturally occurring insecticide found in Chrysanthemums. I received it today and have already done a perimeter treatment... Hope it doesn't kill off my worm population :(

Jon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm 

Just an update...

This stuff works like... NOW! Had a dead cockroach at our front door hours after spraying. I also spayed around our porch lights since I've seen June-bugs thick in the evening.. maybe a mistake but now I have the front entry carpeted with dead June-bugs.

Jon