It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:43 pm 

This tree resulted from a seven year series of bioelectromagnetic at biological level experiments that I started in Dallas Texas back in 1986. Organic gardening methods were used and no artificially generated energy was imposed. It was originally an air-layered and rooted cutting from the Trumpet Creeper vine, Campsis radicans. Today the tree is about thirty-five feet high and closely resembles the Golden Rain Tree, Koelreuteria paniculata. I have a number of seedlings and dozens of seeds which are replicas of the tree and not the parent vine. To properly continue this study I need interested volunteers who are willing to commit over several years to propagation, record keeping and progress reporting.
For discussion purpose I refer to this tree as Campsis X, for it has no official name. It does not propagate from roots like the Koelreuteria, and it is very attractive, shows no health problems in this Dallas locale and is very hardy. The seed fertility rate increases incrementally each year, so there should be ample supply. As a present condition precaution I will not ship out of state.