It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New to organics
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:23 pm 

Howdy!
My name is Ronnie and I live in Waco, TX and have been totally organic for the last two years after discovering Howard's show on the radio. My wife and I moved into our newly built home two years ago and I had to landscape the new place from scratch, but knew nothing about gardening and landscaping. Thanks to Howard's radio show and great information, two years later the new place looks stunning and has all of my "chemically addicted Scotts junkie" neighbors scratching their heads. {chuckle}

This was my front yard and landscaping shortly after I finished sodding and planting:

We checker-boarded the St. Augustine to save money hoping that the organic soil enrichment over the whole property would help things grow.
Boy did it ever! After being 100% organic for only two years, here is what the front yard looks like now:

The grass is so thick and healthy that it has become hard to mow! It requires very little water, has NO weeds or fire ant mounds and even looks great after this week's hard freeze which got down to about 25 deg. Amazing!

The backyard was another story though... There was considerable contamination from the home's construction as you can see here:

I had to do an entire area "detox" and organic program long before anything went into the ground.
To save a little money, the backyard was sowed with Bermuda seed into a 1/2 inch layer of compost and now looks like this only two years later:

Yes, the little tree in the above photo was given the full "sick tree treatment" and has thrived like crazy, going from a 4 inch trunk to 6 inches in only 2 years!

The organic approach is the most amazing thing that I have ever seen!
~N2O~

Post subject: Re: New to organics
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:32 am 

Howdy!
My name is Ronnie and I live in Waco, TX and have been totally organic for the last two years after discovering Howard's show on the radio. My wife and I moved into our newly built home two years ago and I had to landscape the new place from scratch, but knew nothing about gardening and landscaping. Thanks to Howard's radio show and great information, two years later the new place looks stunning and has all of my "chemically addicted Scotts junkie" neighbors scratching their heads. {chuckle}

Your yard is beautiful!

Best regards,