It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thrive Products
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm 

By Alpha Bio Systems.

What has been your experience with them.

What are the differences between the different products. I assume (possibly) different microbes?

But haven't found any hard data on them. Some products list exact microbial quantities included within each size package. Does ABS have this info. available???

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Thrive Products
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm 

They used to make this stuff called Super Thrive, my friend used it on his tomatoes and he said it was awsome. Those products are inoculated with selected fungi.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:42 pm 

Thought super thrive was still on the market. Combo of micronutrients etc, not microbes. Thought these were different companies, but not sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 pm 

Yep - two different animals.

I actually mix the two so I don't care :-)

With the new THRIVE products if you compare the labels of all the various products they list the same microbes in the same concentrations so I get the lawn formula in a bigger size - cheaper.

So far, my impression is that it works quite well. That said, I really need to do a side by side with some of my seedlings, half with, half without and get the direct comparison.

It's March 21 and my beds and lawn are fabulous, the violas and pansies are going insane right now and the roots on everything look great. Everything is a lot healthier this year (first year I have used THRIVE) but in fairness, there are other variables:

1. Third year on the property, the soil was already a LOT better than years 1&2.
2. I'm growing my plants from seed in the garage rather than buying bedding plants so no shipping stress and I am not forcing them to bloom before they should as some commercial growers may do.
3. Due to number 2, I am giving them a lot more TLC this year.

Here it is last week, will show a pic this week once the $$%&#**$ snow melts as the tulips are up and blooming now: