It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:51 am 

I have a Lime Tree that I planted 2 seasons ago. It is approximately 6 ft. in size and has consistently produced limes (around 2" in size). I have no mulch around it and have a 2' radius b/t the trunk and the grass.

It has tons small flowers and small limes all over it right now, but the leaves on the ends of the limbs are beginning to "curl". The leaves closest to the trunk are fine, but the further you get away from the trunk, the curlier they get. They aren't crumbly or brown, but just look wavy and curly. I've searched this site and google'd it as well, but have come up empyt handed.

Any ideas? I don't want to loose this wonderful tree or the crop it produces. FYI - I'm in the Katy area.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:38 pm 

Maybe you could apply a diluted foliar spray of fish emulsion, seaweed extract, and dry or liquid molasses to the leaves. Or maybe an aerated diluted compost tea recipe as a foliar spray. Try it as a soil drench too around the tree roots.

That may add extra nutrients to the leaves if there is a nutrient deficiency, or extra pest control if it is a disease problem.

Normally you can't go wrong with diluted fish, seaweed, molasses, and aerobic compost tea products.

Happy Gardening!

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton