It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:28 pm 

I have a Ranger Peach that I bought and planted back in 12/05, planted exposing the root flare and following organic feedings and pest control outlined in Howard's book. I only had a few peaches this year but the tree looked healthy. After something ate the peaches about a month later most of the leaves turned yellow and fell out. Only about 5% of the leaves remain. Since my roses' leaves turned yellow and came back after spreading cornmeal and spraying potasium bicarbinate I figure I would do the same for it. I did some research and found that it looks like it could be bacterial spot, instead of a fungus disease. On the leaves are small purplish rings with a white spot in the center, not very obvious at first. Anyways, is there any organic cure for this or should I get a new tree. Everything I read says there is no cure for this. It seems to be doing ok now, it has retain the remaining leaves for several weeks now, I was hoping the cornmeal helped. I figured this was a result of the excessive rain we had this year and have seen other peach peach trees with dropped leaves also. Any suggestions? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:16 pm 

The Plant Wash product will stop the fungal disease on the foliage but there must be a larger issue here. Can you post photos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:16 pm 

Here are some photos of the tree

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:26 am 

According to this site: http://www.uri.edu/ce/factsheets/sheets/peachbactspot.html Bacterial spot can be confused with nitrogen difficiency. I put down organic fertilizer about three times a year and also I have been spraying with Garret Juice. Maybe I should try the sick tree treatment also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm 

I would wait a couple of weeks between the different things you apply, even if it is organic.

Organic gardener
Tree-Hugger
Native Texan