It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tea Process?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:42 pm 

I've heard mention of Howard's method for making herbal tea, but I can't seem to find it on his website. I tried throwing some mint, thyme, and honey in a teapot and it was delicious. I just wanted to know if someone recommended something more than this. How long to steep it, etc.

I'm a new listener to the show and I'm really excited to be a part of this. I just bought my first home and I'm looking forward to having the most beautiful, all natural yard on the block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:12 pm 

Tea can be made just like you are doing it and, in my opinion, is better because it is fresh.

Tea made with fresh picked leaves, depending on how strong you want it, needs less water as much of the "liquid" in the leaf is water. Fresh leaves are more healthy, to me at least, because their good qualities are not squeezed out when drying.

Dry tea leaves such as the kind that can be bought need more water to be able to absorb the water and release the leaves aroma and taste.

Some leaves will be weak and some will be strong so just adjust to your preference.

As to how long to brew the tea, it, once again, depends on how strong that you want it. Actually, a good tea can be brewed with warm to hot water, in a standard size coffee cup, in only 30 seconds or so.

I drink Dragon Pearl and Long Jang Chinese teas but have drank Rosemary, several types of mint teas as well as Basil.

Experiment and have fun. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:14 am 

I really like Dragon Pearl tea. I'm a big fan of a simple darjeeling as well.

Is it possible to grow regular tea in Texas? I'd interested in getting something with a little caffeine in it.

I just tried a mint basil tea recently. Not bad. Anyone have any exotic concoctions? Where can I find Howard's recipes (besides the audio show)?