It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dry Granulated Garlic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:24 am 

On TDD (the dirt doctor) home page is a Timely Tip --Mesquito Control-- about using dry granulated garlic. It is great advise because I've use it throughout my property. Our grandkids and my son's baseball teams use a batting cage on our property. The parents cannot believe how few mesquitos we have since we live 2500 feet from the Wichita River. Because of the expense, we are only using the dry garlic near the batting cage, in the flower beds, and the immediate area of our buildings. It is true it last only about a month. Does anyone know where dry granulated garlic can be purchased in large quanities. The best price I've found is at Sam's Club in small amounts--but still expensive. Regardless, the kids are worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:59 am 

One suggestion is to grow your own. Garlic is very easy to grow. This is also an excellent use for all the wild onions and garlic that people ask me how to control every year. I have tried to get dry garlic on the market as a horticultural tool - with no success so far. Using the dry garlic in the key places and spraying liquid garlic in the larger areas may be good option.