It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:18 pm 

Please go to the home page of this forum and read Howard's message, it's self explainatory.
Tony M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:11 pm 

The news came as quite a shocker, did it not? When I found out, I was deeply saddened and felt a vast emptiness inside. :cry:
Who knows what is in the works?
I have contacted friends and relatives from all over the country asking: ‘is there a station in your area which would be interested in having a "call-in-and-get-great-answers" radio show that focuses on the use of safe, natural methods for gardening, pet care, and personal health? This radio show has the acclaim as being the number one gardening show in the nation!’

So far, I have one lead, but I certainly intend keep trying.
I encourage and challenge every one of you to do the same.
Far as I see things, Howard could have his own version of an "EIB" network with a platinum microphone!

It may seem extreme to some, but this man changed my life. Listening to him certainly did result in an epiphany, a catharsis, a passion which will never leave me and for which I will forever be grateful.

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Last edited by Nadine on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, what did y'all think of what was in place of Howard's show today?

Can't wait to see what they try to fill 4 hours with tomorrow. Certainly will miss Howard tomorrow morning....

Received a nice email with photo from Howard today explaining what is happening....

In the meantime, we can watch the videos of Howard on the website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:40 am 

I called WBAP this morning and after about 50 rings someone picked up. I asked what happened to the HG show and he advised me to go to HG website. He said that he had not been given info as to what to tell people but that as far as he knew the contract was not renewed. Listening to the HG show has been my weekend ritual for so long I feel lost. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:27 am 

All I can say is I have been listening to Howard every Sunday since 1988. I am LOST this morning! :cry: He has been an inspiration and mentor for me. I sure hope whatever will happen next will be SOON!

Carolyn K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:36 pm 

auntkeds wrote:
All I can say is I have been listening to Howard every Sunday since 1988. I am LOST this morning! :cry: He has been an inspiration and mentor for me. I sure hope whatever will happen next will be SOON!

Carolyn K.

I know how you feel. I am glad that I taped many shows. It gives me my "fix" to a degree. I bet I have over 100 tapes!

Already I miss screening calls for the show. I really enjoy talking to the people who call in; it is quite interesting.

I know there are many people who miss hearing Howard. I wonder how many letters WBAP is going to get... Hopefully he will be back on the air soon!

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:33 pm 

People that have called WBAP are saying WBAP did NOT renew his contract.

I guess we have to wait and see, I am sure we will hear the Dirt Doctor on the air in a few weeks or months.

Let us support the Dirt Doctor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:22 pm 

Have you ever notice that when you need to move elsewhere people become nicer to you than ever before? :wink:

Tree Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:17 am 

Neematoad wrote:
Nadine wrote:
Then the news about a nationwide syndication was elating.

Was there announcement about nationwide syndication? Is this confirmed?

I guess we have to wait and see, I am sure we will hear the Dirt Doctor on the air in a few weeks or months.

Let us support the Dirt Doctor!

No, the syndication is not confirmed. It was merely mentioned as a possibility on the home page when the announcement was made that Howard would not be heard on WBAP the next few weeks. Nothing is confirmed at this point far as a radio show. Thank goodness we have access to this website, yes? By the way, who are these people you state that called the radio station and was told that he did not renew his contract? What I am wondering if this is first person experience or second-hand news. Just curious... :wink:

The Laws of Ecology:

Last edited by Nadine on Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:19 am 

Tree Dude wrote:
Have you ever notice that when you need to move elsewhere people become nicer to you than ever before? :wink:

Tree Dude

You mean when you move to another home? That is your true friends, the ones who help you move.

The Laws of Ecology:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:40 pm 

You mean when you move to another home? That is your true friends, the ones who help you move.

That is right.

As for radio changes, I am staying on the positive side.I believe the Lord is guiding him to the next level. One of the things I like about DD is that he a straight forward no-nonsense of a man and is a lover of truth and not afraid to speak out.

Besides there is still an organic show on the radio with the Wells Brothers on 660 KSKY starting at 12noon.

Tree Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 pm 

I agree!

True, I listened to 660 AM last weekend. It is good that more people are getting the word. I wish people could call in and get answers, though.

The Laws of Ecology:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:23 pm 

TO quote myself. Nadine, you mis-read what I wrote.

People are saying when they called WBAP.... that WBAP is saying that WBAP did not renew his contract.

You took it the other way.......

WBAP will come to their senses, when it is too late.........

I will never listen to WBAP if the show is not on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:14 am 

kchervey-

I think you've made some good points.

Here's my two cents. Before my retirement I worked at a Fortune 100 company in Human Resources for 35 years and negotiated everything from union contracts to Golden Parachutes for executives. During the terms of negotiation both parties are often held to confidentiality agreement, sometimes called a gag order.

I don't know what Howard can/cannot say but I know his character and his allegiance to his audience and supporters of the show. We are all wondering and some of us confused by what is going on and want the facts to be disclosed quickly. However, this situation may be preventing Howard from saying ANYTHING.

The home page has a message from Howard saying news will be coming shortly. If I know Howard, shortly means days not weeks.

Tony M

Post subject: WHO CHOSE WHAT HERE?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:17 pm 

I just called WBAP and was told that Howard had made the decision to leave, and that the station did not have any choice in the matter. They were rather forceful in their statements that they miss Howard and his show and that they would never have kicked him off the air because he has too many listeners. Curious? :shock: :roll: :? What the heck?

Let's all hope that when we get the message that Howard's show is to be broadcast, it's coast to coast and on only the best, most widely known stations. It's time to get some intelligence involved here!

Kathe :lol: