It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Organic Pecan tree care
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:24 pm 

I need to know about taking care of my Pecan trees. I searched the Dirt Doc. Library and found some pohoto's of the Organic Field Day in Sept. 2005. In photo #5 there is dry molases and lava sand and #6 is showing horticultural corn meal. I need to know if Dirt Doctor is recommending these ingridents to fertilize the trees, and if he is, I need to know how is the best way to apply. If anyone can help Iwill sure be most gracious, for after all, I wanttoknow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:59 pm 

Horticultural corn meal is a goldmine. It's often applied primarily in Fall and Spring as a weed-deterrent. There's a protein of some sort that prevents seed germination for several weeks after application, and when it's been there a while longer it breaks down into a lovely natural nitrogen fertilizer, with some carbon to boot.

Lavasand has three great benefits. It binds into the soil and helps keep moisture even. Absorbs excess up to apoint and holds it until the soil around dries, then it releases the saved moisture into the soil. It slowly, over years, releases needed trace minerals into the soil. It also it what they call paramagnetic. The PM field in the grains has been shown to be beneficial to plant growth.

The molases is a great soil activator, as it revs up the beneficial microbes and it also provides a good source of carbon.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Post subject: Organic pecan tree care
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:31 pm 

Thanks for the information. Do I just broadcast these on top of the ground under the tree as far as the drip of the tree, or do I need to dig holes for thes admentments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:29 am 

I just broadcast over the whole yard. Make the entire ares more healthy. Roots go out way pst the dripline.

I sometimes add an extra lap under the trees while spreading, just as added effect.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.