It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: muensters results
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:14 am 

What are the results that you have notice ever since you were feeding your animals Muensters?

Tree Dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:38 pm 

I haven't noticed any results with my cats other than they seem to be nuttier than usual (I think they would rather eat other food). My daughters have excellent results with the dog food. All their (3) dogs like the food (especially the large chunk) and the older dog is much livelier & seems to be in better health. There is no fly problem from their waste probably due to the DE in the food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:42 pm 

Mine love it--the big chunks are easier for the large dogs to eat, and when I switched to the big chunks I was surprised how fast they ate it.

I don't know about that fly report in the last post--it seems like a flawed observation. Dog poop is dog poop, and I've gone to scoop a couple of days later and found it crawling with maggots, regardless of what the dog ate. Maggots tell me that flies have come a-calling, which is normal anyway. It all goes in the compost with a little dirt on top.

Muenster is expensive, compared to the other commercial types, but I do think it is much better for them. My cats still eat Science Diet, because they make a "senior" mix that the vet recommends. If Muenster comes up with one, I'll try mixing some in and see if they'll switch. The cats run the place, so we don't mess with their food too much. :-)

Northwesterner

Post subject: Cats and horses
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:53 pm 

I have all my cats, 5 outside barn type and 2 indoor lazy type, on Muenster. Very glad they came out with a larger size as we went through the little 8 lbrs too fast! Also, I have seen wonderful results with regards to the shiny coats and lack of health problems. I feel the extra ounce of prevention is worth it.

As for the horses' feed, I love it! There are several different mixes for any kind of horse or activity. They even have one that eliminates the need for extra hay - which can be helpful if hay is scarce/expensive. You can cut back or eliminate the extra roughage needs.

I also saw a big difference on a foal that was being fed sweet feed then switched over to thier foal developer. Talk about a difference! That little foal started to fill out much nicer - and I don't mean fat, just developed nicely. None of the horses I have or have had on Muenster ever looked fat like so many on sweet feed can/do. Pleasure horses not working off that excess molasses seem to get a bit on the round side.

Also, some wild mustang horses a client of mine takes in have responded much better to the Muenster than the sweet feed initially put on. My guess is its because there isn't anything artificial in it so it is most like the prairie diet they came from.

I don't think you can go wrong with Muenster unless you have an animal that won't eat it for some tastebud reason of course. But I have only had one dog customer with that issue in all the folks I've met that tried it.