It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mosquitoes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:21 pm 

Suzan and Kay,

The BTI that I use is in a product called 'Mosquito Dunks' which can be found at most box stores like Lowe's. Packs of 4 or 6 dunks.

They are shaped like a donut and about 2" around. I cut mine into quarters and put that piece into a glass container like a salt shaker so it will sink to the bottom and not float to the top. break apart, and make things look ugly. I have one dog that thinks she bobbing for apples and retreives the shaker for me. She still thinks she's going to get a reward for doing so....fat chance :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:14 pm 

Thanks Kay, I will check Redenta's...needing to go back there anyway. I am wanting to spray the BTI all around my yard. I heard Howard say on his radio show that he does that and doesn't have a problem with mosquitos. It's worth a try.

Zip, your Lowe's is much better stocked than mine. I looked there and at Home Depot with no luck. I did find mosquito dunks at Calloway's and almost bought them to crush, dissolve and disperse. But, because it was $15 for 6 I opted not to. Thanks to the fish, I don't have a mosquito problem in the pond. Otherwise, I would definitely use the dunks. I have had the fish since about April and have never fed them. I started with two mollies and now have about 8 adults along with several juveniles and lots of babies. The two have definitely paid for themselves many times over.

The mosquito dunk bottle sounds like a very fun game for your dog. I'm sure that your placing the bottle back in the pond for him to retrieve again is reward enough. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:13 am 

I think you all need to add more vanilla extract. Forget about the orange oil. Put 1 part vanilla & 2 parts water in a Dixie cup and swirl it around, dap a paper towel or sponge in it and wipe your skin. Your skin should be thoroughly wet when you are done. And the mixture itself should appear slightly brown and smell like vanilla coke. I have been out in the yard the last 3 days. Used the mixture all days except for today and today I got bit bad, the other days were problem free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:43 pm 

I just read yesterday that Green Light and CedarCide "entered into an agreement for Green Light to manufacture and market the retail line of CedarCide products."
http://www.greenlightco.com/PressReleas ... dePR02.htm

According to the product info it is suppose to be safe for critters, and does not kill, but deters them.
http://www.cedarcide.com/HowItWorks.asp