It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Aerobizing Garrett Juice
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:43 pm 

Is is worthwhile oxgenating Garrett Juice and any other pre-packaged liquicd amendments, i.e. seaweed, fish emulsion, etc.? I've looked for an anwer on this forum, but haven't located it yet. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:55 am 

Good question! The answer is yes and no.

Aerating any bottled liquid natural fertilizer, is almost a waste of time and energy. First of all there are absolutely no beneficial microbes alive inside a completely closed container. So all you're aerating is nothing!

Almost all (99%) anaerobic microbes are worthless in soil building, plant fertilizing, disease control, and all the other functions for plant health and in the top 6-12" of rich organic soil.

All (100%) of all aerobic microbes, inside of organic matter or humus, are totally beneficial for sustainable farming.

The only aerobic microbes that could maybe grow, from aerating anaerobic, liquid fertilizers, would be any good aerobic microbes that may fall from the air on the liquid.

Not good enough in my opinion!

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:25 pm 

Hey Cap'tin, are you saying that Garrett Juice is not much good since it is sold in a closed container and is anaerobic? I make my own compost tea and aerate it before using it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:22 am 

All I'm saying is that Garrett Juice is not sold as an aerobic biostimulant like aerobic compost tea recipes. It was never designed to be that way.

As a matter of fact, some sustainable experts posted months ago on this forum, that there are no aerobic beneficial microbes tested in it anyway. It is a powerful natural fertilizer. That is what it is sold as, and what it is designed to be. Nothing more.

Nothing, no liquid fertilizers, no soil amendments, nothing replaces good constant soil building techniques like composting, or green manuring for larger sustainable farms, for building up the soil microherd.

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:58 pm 

Cap'tin, Thanks for the explanation. Guess I will stick with my 'home made' brew of compost tea. It seems to work just fine for me. Besides it is free. No cost there, except for time to brew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:07 pm 

I've been to the place where that GJ is made and can assure you there are no living microbes in the stuff. This stuff was being made before the term compost tea became well defined. Still it is not well defined in a marketing sense. The liquid that is used to make GJ is made by pouring water though a trough of compost and filtering it through a sand filter. The resulting lechate has been tested by the manufacturer and no living microbes have ben found. It is neither aerobic nor anerobic.

The other products are basically food. It is probably that they are "contaminated" with some microbes but I would stick with the compost tea you're making now.