It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:43 pm 

Naturally, I use 6-7 drops in the rinse cycle. This provides a very subtle scent. Of course, YMMV :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:41 pm 

I too use vinegar in the rinse cycle and have for many years. The idea came to me when I lived in central texas where the water was terribly hard. Deposits would build up pretty quickly. I continued to use it when I moved. It is also good for setting the dye in new clothing. Wash in cold vinegar water.

BTW, I kept my metal fixtures and toilets clean of build up by spraying them regularly with straight vinegar and letting it sit for a while. Kept a bottle under each sink. Soaked all the mesh filters ocassionally to keep them flowing. Regular vinegar used in the washer also kept the inside free of build up.

For general cleaning I would mix about an oz of Basic H into a spray bottle full of vinegar. You can dilute it to your liking. It had to be strong where I was.

I just use the mircofiber on mirrors and windows, but have used the Basic H/Vinegar solution for that as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:16 pm 

dtv wrote:
...I just use the mircofiber on mirrors and windows, but have used the Basic H/Vinegar solution for that as well.

Don't you love microfiber towels? They are cleaning "miracles" Their use seriously reduced the amount of disposable paper products used at our home.

For the house windows, I use water/vinegar/soap (just a few drops) several mf towels.

I'm unfamiliar with the product Basic H :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:35 am 

It's a MLM product by Shaklee. I haven't located a dist. in this area. I liked it alot for general cleaning.
Another product that I haven't been able to find- Planet Solutions, which I also purchased through a distributor in Austin. It is an enzyme cleaner. Expensive but very concentrate. I used it for many things including my laundry. Talk about soft clothes! Using the enzyme cleaner in the wash and vinegar in the rinse left my clothes so naturally soft that one would think I'd used fabric softener. No exaggeration!! And I had very hard water.
And yes, I love the MF cloths. I found some recently at a dollar store. Stocked up and put one in everyone's stocking at Xmas. They're great for cleaning the car interior too. I never liked using soap and worrying about drying and cracking. And I'm not one to apply the conditioner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:59 am 

Trying not to stray too far off topic.... :oops:

Interesting about the Planet Solutions, I can't tell where you are located, but if in the D/FW area and you do find a local source, please post.

I have just purchased (online) two products from Charlie's Soap, a laundry soap and an APC. The laundry soap is reportedly "clean rinsing" and you use very little product per wash. One of the motivating factors for purchasing was for washing microfiber towels, but will be using it on the general laundry as well.

Microfiber is great for household and automotive chores. I keep a several in both vehicles. One for dusting, another for glass, and a third with a bottle of Quick Detailer product for bird accidents :x .

Straying even further.... don't abandon the practice of "conditioning" your auto's interior...plastic/vinyl/leather need the help. You need only fear drying and cracking if you are a)using the wrong product or b)using nothing at all. If you wish to discuss this further, PM me. One of my passions is auto detailing.