It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Compost tea??
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:34 pm 

I was wondering what is compost tea? what is it made out of?? thanx
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:28 am 

Rather than repeat what's already there...I'll just suggest checking out the other forums. There's a whole forum on Home Brews with lots of good teas! Good luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:21 am 

Check this out:

http://www.dirtdoctor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1036

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:05 pm 

Gman,
Check out the receipes that are supplied on the link that ziggy posted. My receipe is there as well. There is no one 'true' receipe. You just follow what works for others and build yours with what you have.
The good CaptainCompost is a great source of information on both compost and compost tea.

Post subject: Compost Tea
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:19 pm 

Gman
Take about a half a 5 gal. bucket of good compost and fill the rest with water, let it sit a few days & stain the liquid off. It can then be used as a folier spray or to water plants with.

jhenry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:16 am 

I believe nothing in any form of sustainable garden or farm can totally replace good regular composting or green manuring in the soil!

However I also believe that creative aerobic compost tea brews can enhance, compliment, and speed up the amazing, complex, and diverse benefits of regular composting. I never use my teas without using my compost together anymore! They help each other!

I use my aerobic tea brews as both a diluted foliar and soil drench to feed beneficial microbes in my garden soil, and on the foliage on my crops. I normally use a cup/5-gallon bucket method or regular watering can method, instead of sprayers, for applying my teas.

During the hottest months , I brew 1-3 day old aerobic teas, and use then somethings 2-3 times a week in a diluted application, on my heavy feeders, and somethings stop regular watering the plants for weeks!

I never filter my arerobic tea brews anymore! Any form of filtering (like pantyhose or fine spray misters), tend to block out larger microbes like fungi and protozoa from the smaller microbes like bacteria, at application time. You want all the beneficial microbes you can grow, breeding on your crops and thriving in your soil.

The sky is the limit to how you can brew creative compost teas (aerated or not), and the sky is the limit to how many different kinds of optional carbohydrate/protein, bacterial/fungal foods you can add to your brewing scheme, in order to build up a powerful biostimulant tool, in order to improve your regular composting, mulching, or cover cropping plans in your garden or farm.

The main thing is just have fun doing it! (LOL)

Happy Holidays everybody!

The entire Kingdom of God can be totally explained as an Organic Garden (Mark 4:26)
William Cureton