It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Eissac Tea for Cancer
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 7:25 pm 

Has anyone heard of this tea? I'm seeking a local source (Plano) rather than purchasing via internet. My friend Tresha is a missionary in Romania. She and Andy McKnight (from Ireland) started The Joshua Project...a home & school for kids w/HIV. Romania has approx 25,000 kids w/HIV due primarily to medical negligence. They reuse needles etc when giving vaccinations. Supposedly they have stopped this practice however they are still receiving infected infants whose mothers are negative HIV. HUMMMM.....What's wrong w/this picture? Many of the kids have other opportunistic infections and when near death, the kids improve dramatically after drinking the tea. It also appears to help the kids w/cancer. Of course this is not a scientific study and the few studies done have been few and small....so far I've found no proof Eissac tea is a benefit. It's very scarce in Romania hence it's only given to the most acutely ill children. It's been around for years....used by indians in Canada and taught to a nurse named Cassie (Eissac backwords) way back in about the 1930's...I'm not sure of exact dates off the top of my head...sorry! Anyway, any info would be appreciated as we plan to send a shipment of 'things' to Romania in a few weeks. Also any donated items would be appreciated....it's tax deductable.....also shipping is very expensive but my church pays for that. Please note...every package sent to them over the last 4 yrs has arrived intact & on time! (3 months). This is a true miracle as theft (a nice word) is rampant. Some of the more important items needed are: chewable vitamins (Romania only has Adult), disp. gloves, bandaids, bandages (sterile), books (they do teach English in the school), toys, shoes (aspecially leather shoes/boots), diapers, infant formula w/iron, all kinds of housewares etc....basically anything they might need if they only had the clothes on their backs. They currently minister to 225 families so just about anything could be used. There are currently 12 kids actually living at the Joshua House. The others still live w/family or relative & are p/u daily,brought to school, where they are clothed,fed, treated medically, loved & held...alot! The round trip each AM & PM is 2.5 hrs. These 2 young people along w/a few Romanian volunteers have truly made a commitment to help these innocent children. I'm not able to leave my commitments here in TX so I feel gathering/sending needed supplies is my small way of loving those kids. Anyone w/any contacts/resources please let me know.....I've been greatly blessed by my small part. Thanks in advance for your responses!
His Blessings & Grace,
BHornRN
PS....they are utilizing available resources as responsibly as poss. They plant a garden each year or they would have no fresh vegs. Of course the growing season is much shorter than ours....they have fed all for as little as $50.00/month..she said that's usually bread & potatoes but it's something to fill the kids up.......we are so spoiled ...at least I am...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:25 pm 

I don't know a local source for Essiac tea. If your concern about buying via internet is ensuring good quality, my experience has been that herbalhealer.com has good, consistent quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:39 pm 

Sorry that this is not the timliest reply...

I have used Essiac tea with amazing success for a variety of ills.
I used it for myself to alleviate the detrimental effects of anemia, I used it on a sick cat with the side effect of it CURING his diabetes, I have friends who used it to fight cancer on themselves and on their pets, as well.

I bought it locally at an organic grocery- it is made by Frontier Herbs under the name of "Angel Tea." A little goes a long way... it is practically dirt cheap if you buy it in the powder/dried form (as opposed to the liquid) and would be easy to ship. There are boiling instructions here:
www.essiac-info.org

Good luck to you and your friends!

edie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:35 am 

I know this reply is a bit late but after doing a little research I found this tea called Guardian Spirit from http://www.frontiercoop.com It is the same as Essiac Tea and sells for ~$31.00 for 1 lb. of dry tea. That makes enough for 1 person for a year.
Kevin

Post subject: Herbal Healer
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:41 pm 

I have purchased Essiac from Herbal Healer.com . The products they sell are very high quality and organically grown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:44 pm 

http://www.blessedherbs.com/index.cgi?i ... 750&m=home

These folks have it. They seem to be authentic, but I haven't bought any from them yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:50 am 

The folowing is a link to the national institutes of health and the national cancer instituts Essiac products. It is a very long document.

http://www.nci.nih.gov/cancerinfo/pdq/cam/essiac