It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: English Lavendar
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:15 pm 

I saw some English Lavendar plants at a local store, but didn't buy them because I had planted some from seeds the previous weekend (now a month ago). The seeds never came up (unless they looked like grass, which I pulled). Now I am wondering if English Lavendar even grows very well just south of Dallas. I want some if at all possible for the fragrance and beauty. I now don't know where to find some plants, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:24 pm 

Most lavender grows well here (North Texas) as long as the drainage is excellent and you don't overwater. Spanish and English lavender are the easiest to grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:45 am 

I have a Lavender plant and it is doing GREAT!! It needs a lot of sun and don't overwater. In the winter when we get a freeze, I always make sure I cover it. Redenta's Nursery has some nice plants.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:24 pm 

Help! Now I am not sure what variety to grow. What I want is a compact (18-24")variety that has the blue tinted flowers, not a bright purple, and has thick flowers. I like the Sachet variety, but I have seen it described as two different heights and colors. I also like the Lodden Blue variety, but the flowers don't appear to be very thick. Any suggestions?

Sylvia Boardwalk, thanks for your comments on the Provence vaqriety. It would just be too huge in my small garden, I am afraid. I am wanting to put it up against our southern windows, but don't want to block the view too much.