It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:11 pm 

Well I have been lurking through the boards looking for cheap alternatives to high priced organic fertilizers and all the other organic info, this site is awesome by the way, anywho I keep seeing posts asking for organic landscaping companies.

Well guess what I happen to work for one, the owner lived across the street from me in Aubrey and I got a summer job working for him. I had just finished with Garrett's book and saw him dumping compost on his yard, I went over and started probing and found out strangely enough he was the GM of a new organic maintenance company. His father is the owner and financial backer, he works primarily as a sales manager for GreenSense Organic Products and Back to Nature Compost, he's the ole wise owl. The father Mr. Johnson says he knows Garrett personally and even has the guts to critique some of his practices. I hit the jackpot, I am an inspiring horticulture major through Texas Tech Extension Center and needed the hands on experience.

Well to make a long story short, the company Clean Green Inc., prefers and endorses organic practices and treatment. Since I've worked for them, from about the beginning of April, I've dumped tons of GreenSense 6-2-4 turkey litter fert. , srayed gallons of Garrett juice mixed with citruis oil, and also sprayed liters of microbial lawn boost. These organic treatments are pretty funky but the houses we've treated are flourishing and the customers have smiles . Now I must warn you the prices run a little steep for my blood, but I'm a poor college kid. Basic lawn care usually runs $50+ but we are thorough. I wouldn't normally want our company to have more business since this kills my free time during the summer, but Scott the GM helped me get my mother's yard back to health, so I owe him one.

If interested contact Sean (me) or Scott at 972-839-8269 we have a website but I forgot the address. We generally service the North Dallas, Denton, McKinney area and surrounding cities. Just an FYI!

P.S. Aubrey, east of Denton and west of Frisco has lots of feed stores selling cheap organic ferts. I bought CGM 50lb for $18 just recently. Oh and if you don't compost yourself, try and find Back to Nature Fine Textured topdress Cotton Burr Compost it works miracles for your yard, we only get it at the wholesaler but give it a google search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:34 pm 

Thanks for the information. I hope the GM of the company considers supporting Howard by advertising on the show. That would be some fantastic exposure! :wink:

The Laws of Ecology:
"All things are interconnected. Everything goes somewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Nature bats last." --Ernest Callenbach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:01 pm 

Hi Sean,
Boy am I glad to hear from you. I live in Denton and I'm looking for a good organic lawn care person. Question - Does Scott know about or know how to take care of trees with root girdling? I know there is a company in Dallas that does this, but they charge a tad more to travel to Denton than I'm willing to pay at this time. They do have the air spade and other necessary tools to do this job properly, but again, expensive. If there were a similar service in the areas that you mentioned, I bet they could do very well here.
Cheryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:00 pm 

Tell Warren I said hi and that disagreement is easy - being right is the hard part. Seriously, disagreement is one of the positive aspects of the organic community. One of the big problems the chemical boys have is their lock step saying and doing the same wrong things till they retire or die.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:44 pm 

Can you give the name of where you are finding the bargains in Aubrey? I've been to D and L. Who are the others? We've just recently moved to Aubrey ourselves and are putting in a new lawn in our back yard. Any info you can give would be helpful~ :lol:

Post subject: compost
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:27 pm 

Yeah, Howard, it's me, Warren Johnson. My son Scott and I are the ones that 'Kidnasty learned all the compost and organic stuff from. Glad he could put it to good use.

Thanks for the plug, kidnasty.

As to the Aubrey area. Landscapes + on 380, Four Seasons, just E. of the 288 loop on 380, and Dennis Farm Store in Denton are all good sources for organic info. and products.

Not to blow our own horn but I also own Clean Green, Inc. We offer a full range of environmentally friendly lawn, garden and irrigation services, but we're always happy to share info w/neighbors at no charge.

Call me at 214-704-7329.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:38 am 

Mr. Garrett & Mr. Johnson,

You both equally had parts in my conversion and interest in organic practices.

Mr. Garrett if it wasn't for you and your message, organics would still be an ambiguous, subjective approach to gardening. I think you have turned a new leaf in Texas, I can only hope your preaches and practices reach farther.

And good ol Mr. Johnson, I would just like to say thanks to you for having the patience to answer my questions and such. Organics can get a little confusing at times and hard to find resources, so it helps to have a wise ol' owl to guide you. By the way your yard is looking great, but where's the lightning? Haha, I still got you beat!

It just makes sense to try an organic approach before busting out the chemies, I think this is the greatest lesson one can learn from organics. Thanks to you both again.

P.S. Ohh and thanks to Scott for, well..., just thanks. I wish him well in all his endeavors.