It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help with Fleas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:05 pm 

Hello, I am new to member. I would appreciate any help i could get to get rid of fleas. I read some of the comments posted lately. I raise Boxers and overnight the fleas have invited themselves in. My female is due in just a few days, and i can not stand the thought of fleas on any of my dogs. I need something that will not harm her or the puppies. Please HELP! Thanks for taking the time to listen!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:37 pm 

Country Dog Lover,

Welcome to another Boxer fan! We are companions for our lovely She-Boxer Fawn, Black-Mask, natural ears.

Before telling you what I have done, I strongly urge you to read about this subject in this forum. Formulate some specific questions and then post again. A couple of points...I have long been a supporter of organic products and methods and in general care and concern for " Mother Earth" (over 3 decades) I have followed along with HG for about 2 decades. I also have some strong opinions regarding the care of our pets.

That is all I will say for the time being. I will await your possible follow-up questions and/or chime as others post their thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:44 pm 

Thank you for your response! I plan on doing more research on the beneficial nematodes and orange oil products. We have listened to HG for about 2 years and are starting to go organic. We live on a farm and have much to learn. Hopefully we will catch on quick. By the way we now have Boxer babies!!!!! 4 girls and 4 boys. Mom and pups are all doing great! Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:35 pm 

Good luck with the organic program and those new pups! Colors?

Don't get behind the curve on the flea situation. They can get out of hand quickly as we learned.

Just a suggestion, you might want to add some location information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:19 am 

We are located near Sherman. Total pups TEN!!! 3 fawn/black mask/white mkg...5 fawn/black mask and two little white boys! Dad boxer is very proud. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Post subject: non-toxic flea control
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:48 am 

there is a non-toxic flea and tick control powder made from organic yarrow and neem which is available from Buck Mountain Botanical, Inc.
406-232-1185
Ilse Black DVM,Phd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:35 pm 

Thanks for the information. Do they have a website? Have you used their product(s)?

Perhaps you would consider adding location information to your profile. :)

Post subject: Boxer Fan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:13 pm 

I have a solid white boxer that has been deaf since birth. I haven't had fleas on my property and I have 9 big dogs since I started my complete organic program 7 years ago. When we go somewhere that I think he or the others might have gotten fleas or when I let them run loose int my 45 acre pature, I use a good herbal shampoo with a capful of orange oil in it or use Flea-B-Gone. When they dry I rub a small amount DE into their coat ( Do not do this too often as it will dry out their skin) Add DE to their food at 2% the volume each time they eat or Feed the Muenster Natural dog food. I put out Benefical Nematodes twice a year in my old yard. I just bought the new land so I plan on putting them out at least three times in the yard , dog pen and the miniture goat pen. I also spray the inside of the dog house upstairs and down with an orange oil mixture twice a year. ( yes my dogs have a two story dog house, I spoil all my kids ) Dust their bed with DE also after the orange oil drys. The house smells great!

412 Bolivar St.

Sanger, TX 76266

Tues.- Fri. 9:30 to 5:30
Sat. 9:00 to 3:00
We will open up anytime day or night to serve you if we know you are coming!

940/458-2511

Post subject: Boxer Fan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:15 pm 

I have a solid white boxer that has been deaf since birth. I haven't had fleas on my property and I have 9 big dogs since I started my complete organic program 7 years ago. When we go somewhere that I think he or the others might have gotten fleas or when I let them run loose int my 45 acre pature, I use a good herbal shampoo with a capful of orange oil in it or use Flea-B-Gone. When they dry I rub a small amount DE into their coat ( Do not do this too often as it will dry out their skin) Add DE to their food at 2% the volume each time they eat or Feed the Muenster Natural dog food. I put out Benefical Nematodes twice a year in my old yard. I just bought the new land so I plan on putting them out at least three times in the yard , dog pen and the miniture goat pen. I also spray the inside of the dog house upstairs and down with an orange oil mixture twice a year. ( yes my dogs have a two story dog house, I spoil all my kids ) Dust their bed with DE also after the orange oil drys. The house smells great!

412 Bolivar St.

Sanger, TX 76266

Tues.- Fri. 9:30 to 5:30
Sat. 9:00 to 3:00
We will open up anytime day or night to serve you if we know you are coming!

940/458-2511