It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:00 am 
It is my understanding that the use of "Doctor" has requirements. What are the credentials for being called the "Dirt Doctor"?

Post subject: Doctor Who?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:06 pm 

Jonette,

It's nice to have you as a guest here at the "DirtDoctor" Ground Crew dissucsion board.

I can't speak for Howard but I'm sure someone with the right information will fill you in soon. At this time I can't recall if his Bio is on the site but will look it up if you've not already done so.

You might also consider writing a PM (personal message) to him or to the board aministrator by clicking on their profile.

I did find the following at the Home Page re: "About Howard".

Howard Garrett has devoted his life to educating the public on organic and natural landscaping, gardening, farming, ranching, and basic land management. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Park Administration and Landscape Architecture from Texas Tech University in 1969. He is a registered landscape architect, I.S.A. certified arborist, horticulturist, broadcaster and writer.

I believe "DirtDoctor" is his user's name on the website.

Hope this helps in part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:29 pm 

Jonette, To us in the Organic community, it does not matter if Howard has a PHD or not. Like Zipper has stated: 'Howard Garrett has devoted his life to educating the public on organic and natural landscaping ...' I don't know where you live, but if in the Metroplex of Dallas and Ft Worth. I strongly suggest that you listen to his programs on WBAP on Saturday mornings, from 11:00 - 12:00 and Sunday mornings from 8:00 - 12:00. If you don't live in the Metroplex you can listen on the internet on WBAP.com. Once you start applying his suggestions and see the difference it makes over the chemicals you will say, to yourself, 'Self, why did I wait so long to be organic? It truely works and it is much much better for you and our precious environment. Also, please look around this great forum and you will read about the many results that different people have seen first hand. Once you learn and see what organics really is about, then you will no longer question why we, and Howard think of him as 'The Dirt Doctor'. To all of us, in the organic community, he is our mentor and the true doctor of the dirt. So please take a look around.