It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: orange tree
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:53 pm 

i have a orange tree that the fruit is not the same size & have rust spots on them can you help me.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:43 pm 

Well, first let's get some more info. You say it's not the same size- same as what- other orange trees in your yard?

If so examine them all and look for differences in soil, light exposure, grade, watering, etc.

The sick tree treatment works well on fruit trees, or just try Garrett Juice with potasium bicarbonate (or baking soda if it's not available) and some garlic tea.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Post subject: orange tree
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:17 pm 

sorry the size of the fruit is on the same tree some will be like ping pong balls other will be like bass balls this is the third year to have a large crop of oranges not as much as it should as in the spring when it blooms it drops much of the blooms i have not give the tree any food no one in this area knows anything about orange trees as i live south of houston about 20 miles thanks for your help. Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:22 am 

I would carry out the sick tree treatment with a special eye on the steps regarding tree root ball depth and aerating the root zone.

Start treating the yard to organic fertilizer 2-3 times a year. Bet you see better results next time around.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.