It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Redbud dying?
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:35 am 
Good Morning. First time on the forum and reallynew at the whole organic thing. I have a redbud of unknown age in my front yard. I've never had a problem with it and seemed to do very well without any assistance. It was fine a week or so ago and the other day I noticed that every leaf and seed pod on it was turning brown and wilting. I've been watering normally and we've had some good rain in the D/FW area. I haven't noticed anything that might be attacking it. I've looked at other redbuds in the area and they look ok.

Any help would be great, I'd really had to lose this tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:49 am 

Have you been using a weed and feed fertilizer up to this point? If so that is likely the problem or too much H2O.

Post subject: Re: Redbud dying?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:11 am 

Snakeman wrote:
Good Morning. First time on the forum and reallynew at the whole organic thing. I have a redbud of unknown age in my front yard. I've never had a problem with it and seemed to do very well without any assistance. It was fine a week or so ago and the other day I noticed that every leaf and seed pod on it was turning brown and wilting. I've been watering normally and we've had some good rain in the D/FW area. I haven't noticed anything that might be attacking it. I've looked at other redbuds in the area and they look ok.

Any help would be great, I'd really had to lose this tree.

Did this start with the rain that came through? Same thing happened to our new tree that we planted. We went on vacation and when we came back with the rain that came through, it leave have basically gone.