It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:01 pm 

I have just transplanted a dogwood tree that was given to me that would have had to be cut down due to dirt work being done around it. We hated to see it cut so have relocated it to my yard. It has a diameter of about 8" at the base. Probably not the right conditions at all but would like any suggestions to help keep it alive. It has very large branches and is a sizeable tree. The root system is large but we got as much as possible using a back hoe to move the tree as well as dig the hole out where the tree was moved to. The bark was pretty scraped up so is there a right way to seal it to prevent pests or permanent damage to the branches. Also, what about watering, feeding, removing more limbs, staking, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I know the prognosis is not good, but would really like to save the tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:54 am 

Okay, first- make sure to use the Sick Tree treatment (as posted at the top of this forum) because the tree will need the extra help. I'd make sure to give it plenty of seaweed in the foliar feed. Use the spray on the whole tree or as much as you can get to.

For the trunk injuries, wash them out with peroxide and then use Tree Trunk Goop mixture (also posted at top of forum) to cover them and reapply as needed. This will protect it from bugs and speed healing.

This will give it the best chance at survival.

It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields we know so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.